Tuesday, November 25, 2008

P.S. I Love You Scrub!

Greetings!

I am so pleased with the feedback I have received regarding the scrub's craft! I am just thrilled that so many of you enjoyed the craft. Believe it or not, I actually had a lot to say about the craft, but didn't - I was just so emotional that particular day. I appreciate that you all understand. So, I decided to blog about this once we were set-up in Canada and well, let's just say we were constantly busy - out of the hotel room by 9 AM and back at 11 PM. So, now I am back in the states and hanging at my parents for Thanksgiving. Here are some pictures from the show prep (at my house) and the show (the picture from the show is from the last day on Sunday and we had sold out of a lot by then): As you saw on craft day, scrubs are super fun and can be super easy to make! In fact, you probably have most ingredients in your house! For our scrubs we used:
  • 1/3 c Olive Oil
  • 1/6 c Jojoba Oil
  • 1/6 c Avocado Oil
  • 1 1/4c Sugar (White)
  • Fragrance/Essential Oil
You can substitute Olive Oil for all of the oil (2/3 c) or substitute other oils into the formula. You can use a combo of white and/or brown sugar. Additionally, you can use coloring - such as food coloring, micas, or other skin safe colorants. See below, for some fun scrubs and other products I did for a competition:
A note on Olive Oil... I prefer Olive Oil as a primary base just because it is mild and quite moisturizing. I originally started soapmaking with Olive Oil and am still partial to it today. Now, that is not to say there aren't other oils you can use.

Now a note on preservatives... we didn't add a preservative to the scrub at PS. When discussing the issue of preservatives with my husband, it is his understanding that a lot of water would have to penetrate the scrub in order to grow any "fuzzies" due to the nature of the sugar. I have had my test scrub I did for this class in my shower since last September and so far so good.

Interested in making your own now? Check out Bramble Berry. They have a host of fun ingredients in small and large sizes.

In closing, I would like to thank you all for allowing me to demonstrate and put together November's craft. I hope you had fun and learned something new!!

If you have any questions, you may always email me at shelley.jones@nahiacreations.com.

P.S. On a side note, I am overwhelmed with the support from this wonderful group regarding my upcoming surgery. I really can't possibly tell you how much your support means to me and my family. Thank you.

Shelley

No comments: